Post Modernism

Post modernism is a broad movement from literature to art that reached its height during the late 20th century that marked a departure from the reaction to World War I called modernism. Post modernism was more of a loose period as it encompassed skepticism, irony, moral relativism, pluralism and emphasized the importance of political discourse. In relation to art, post modernism included bricolages, simplification, performance art and breaking up the relationship between high and low art. Overall, I thought the author of the introduction started off extremely weak with his examples. I think he sounded too convoluted and lacked a clear purpose with them. Furthermore, I think he lacked the technical language to clearly express his point and the overall clarity to explain anything to the reader. On further thought I believe the author could be trying to explain post modernism through post modernist writing. Although, creative, I think this is a poor way to explain the movement to first time learners of the subject.

Art Work by Roy Litchestein

Comments

Popular Posts